Behold the Man - Michael Moorcock This was a re-read of one of my favorite science fiction novels. It's been a while so I forgot a lot. This re-read did not disappoint me. Moorcock's seminal time travel novel is part theological inquiry and part psychological novel. The plot is about a man who goes back in time to discover the real Jesus. However our "hero" is not altogether together and has a bit of a Messiah complex himself. Where this leads is part of the genius of Moorcock's tale. It is about identity and finding meaning in life, which may not always be a good thing. It's interesting that I decided to re-read this after finishing Reza Aslan's historical book, [b:Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth|17568801|Zealot The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth|Reza Aslan|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1367929567s/17568801.jpg|24258336] since Behold the Man covers pretty much the same area except as speculative fiction. I'm not sure if I would recommend this to anyone with deep religious feelings but, for anyone else, it's a must-read.