The Cook's Illustrated Cookbook: 2000 Recipes from 20 Years of America's Most Trusted Food Magazine - Cook's Illustrated I am a huge fan of Cook's Illustrated magazine and their cookbooks are never anything less than incredible. Yet even I was astounded at the perfection of their new cookbook. Simply titled Cook's Illustrated Cookbook. it has 2,000 recipes all perfected in the obsessive-compulsive style of the Cook's Illustrated chefs. It is not unusual to read things like "300 pounds of beef were grilled to perfect this burger recipe" in their magazines and this cookbook shows the same dedication. Being the long time subscriber I am, it was not surprising to see some already tried-and-true recipes that I use regularly like Pan Seared Pork Tenderloins in Dried Cherry-Port Sauce and their excellent recipes for Mushroom Lasagne or Penne alla Vodka but there are plenty of recipes, literally thousands I haven't tried and can't wait to cook. I'm thinking of making the Stir Fried Spicy Sesame Chicken tomorrow. CI specializes in practical home-cooking not fancy gourmet but there are plenty of impressive dishes that would satisfy the most picky eater. I also like how, besides the usual chapters(soups, appetizers, salad, meats, etc.) they also add chapters based on cooking style like stir-fry, chilis, and grilling. They also managed to squeeze in many cooking tips in little boxes throughout the book. As much as I love my tattered New York Times Cookbook and the equally impressive Bon Appetit Cookbook, this tome will likely surpass both as my go-to book for impressive meals.