The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking, Leonard Mlodinow Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Stephen Hawking is smarter than I am. That's no big feat because two of my cats are smarter than I am. The other cat is a certifiable idiot. But Hawking is way smarter than I am. The Grand Design is Hawking's explanation, more or less, about why the universe is the way it is. The answer comes down to M-theory which is more of a combining of explanations than one single unifying theory. Many reviewers seem to think Hawking is saying there is no God but he really seems to be stating that God is irrelevant. The real question is did we come from something or nothing. The beginning of an answer involves an understanding of quantum physics and multiverses that Hawking put as well into laymen's term as we can hope for. I don't pretend to understand everything in this book. I'm still contemplating why the world needs hairballs. But I did immensely enjoy reading this short book and can honestly say I understand a little bit more.