Bittman's Kitchen: What I Grill and Why (Kindle Single)

Bittman's Kitchen: What I Grill and Why (Kindle Single) - Mark Bittman This is another of one of those neat Kindle Singles: small ebooks under two dollars and usually well under 100 pages. This is the first Kindle Single cookbook I've seen and it is about my favorite type of cooking: Cooking on the grill.

It's a pretty good little book too. It is about as basic as it gets but it hits the main area for the novice grill master and it is entertaining to read. There are some common sense but important tips for good grilling. There are only 15 recipes but they cover the center of most griller's repertoire. Steak, burger, Teriyaki salmon, kebabs etc. are must-do item for any self-respecting grill cook. All the recipes seem to be high quality and not the "Man and his grill" slopped together kind. The one I was surprised about was the herb-marinated grilled leg of lamb. Leg of lamb on the grill is a dish left to the experts and those kamikaze grillers who like to live dangerously. There is at at least one recipe I plan to try; the grilled eggplant with miso sounds tempting.

If you are a beginning grill cook I would say this might be a four or five star book especially at the price. However for the more advanced grill cook, I would rate it at a three. So don't take the lower rating as a minus. It is still a nice addition to both the Kindle Singles collection and your grilling recipe collection.