What Would Keith Richards Do? - Jessica Pallington West Here's the best thing in this book...

Keith Richards' Mum's Shepherd's Pie Recipe

3 pounds potatoes, "Tumbling Diced"
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 pounds ground beef
2 large onions, chopped
2 large carrots, grated
1 12-ounce can beef stock
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer until tender. Drain. Using electric mixer or whisk, mash potatoes and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Heat large skillet. Add beef and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add carrots and stock. Mix in cornstarch, cook 10 minutes. Pour meat mixture into pie dish and top with mashed potatoes. Place under broiler until potatoes begin to turn brown.

---------------

Just from cook's intuition I would be tempted to use one pound beef and one pound lamb plus sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. But Keith hates cheese.

As for the rest of this book, it is fun and entertaining. Advice on how to live a full life from one of the most famous screw-ups that managed to survive his mistakes and live a full life. Most of it is good common sense advice; know yourself, be honest, learn from your mistake, etc. But the attempt to compare Keith Richards to Saint Augustine is a bit of a stretch. Nietzsche I can see. Augustine...no way.

If you try the Shepherd Pie recipe, let me know how it turns out.